Friday, November 18, 2016

I cannot wait for Turkey Day!!!  I love having the family over and the traditions that we have created.  It is really a happy THANKFUL day!

This year has seen a lot of changes in our household.  Early this year, we realized, my sister could no longer live on her own.  She has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.  She has no other family, served our country for 20 years in the military and never married or had children.  So she has come to live with my husband and I.  My sewing room is now her domain.  It has been an adjustment, but we have all settled in and are all fine with the situation.  She will stay with us as long as possible, because it is what I would want someone to do for me!  It is a very sad disease and I wish every day that a cure could be found.

A few weeks ago, I made a major decision to retire.  I took my own advice , so often given to my associates.  "When the time comes where you no longer enjoy your work and can do nothing but complain, it is time to leave."
It is quite the adjustment after 32 years with one company.  Also, I have worked since I was 15 years old, with only a few months of no employment, due to pregnancy.  It is an adjustment, I am enjoying the time, trust me.  But many times during the day, my thoughts go back to work, and I think often of checking my email.....lol
I will get adjusted, I finally have time to sew all I want, and most importantly, I have peace of mind.


I have many, many things to be thankful for and I try to remember that everyday.

I have another finish to show as well,  This is ready to be shipped off to the recipient.
Next post,  I am having trouble showing pics, will have to work on that.

1 comment:

  1. I salute for caring for your family...good for you! And enjoy your retirement!!

    ReplyDelete